The patio or courtyard is the open surface that includes the front yard, porch, and entry hall. All these have outdoor flooring which gives your home a modish look. It enhances the look of your space, every little detail has an impact on the overall look of your space, especially the flooring you opt for your outdoor area so be conscious while making a selection.
The flooring you choose for your outdoor also depends on the functionality of an area. Before making a selection gather some knowledge about flooring options available for the patio and learn their pros and cons.
1-Composite woods look decking:
- The composite wood-look decking gives a unique and versatile look to your patio.
- It enhances the beauty of your outdoor area.
- It gives the flooring a homey and stylish look.
- Well, all know wood never goes out off-trend which is why this flooring never goes outdated.
- This flooring is known for its easy maintenance.
- For cleaning all you need to do is mop the floor with soap water that’s it.
- These are the safest flooring option as they are fire-resistant and keep your home and family safe from fire.
- Every single morning you will enjoy having coffee while sitting in the courtyard with these flooring as they give a cozier feel under your feet.
- These are eco-friendly with 100 percent recycled wood.
2-Porcelain and ceramic tile:
- With porcelain ceramic tile durability is not at all an issue, as these floorings are more durable than wood or natural stone.
- These tiles can give you a gorgeous natural stone or wood look.
- They are easy to clean and maintain.
- For cleaning just swipe and mop occasionally or every day depending on your cleaning schedule.
- They are not ideal for the poolside area because of the slipping hazards.
- Turf gives you a realistic look at grass.
- The turfs are easy to clean and maintain.
- With high-quality turfs, it is hard to differentiate whether these are real or not.
- It also does not attract bugs, unlike real grass.
- These are similar carpets which used in offices; outdoor carpets are light in weight, low pile, and short carpets.
- The outdoor carpets have a self-adhering property with easy installation.
- They are moisture resistant.
- They do not attract mildew, molds, and bugs.
- Although they are soft and comfortable these carpets require a decent amount of maintenance.
5-Plastic deck and patio tile:
- These tiles are the best fit for any outdoor area.
- These tiles are mildew and mold resistant and the ultimate flooring option for the patio.
- They are designed in such a way that prevents falling when they get wet.
- Their color will not fade even after long exposure to the sun as they are UV stable.
- Places where moisture is the challenge these tiles are ideal for such places.
To conclude all these floorings are great for the patio and give an appealing look to your entire space.